Actify is a global leader in delivering powerful, easy-to-use, affordable Product Data Intelligence solutions to the aerospace, automotive, industrial automation, and discrete manufacturing industries. Actify’s solution enables designers and knowledge workers alike to participate in product design and development activities, thereby lowering collaboration costs and improving manufacturing performance. Actify empowers a diverse audience of users by delivering a solution that does not require design expertise or costly CAD software and supports all major 3D & 2D CAD formats.
Actify has more than 1,000 customers and over 7,000 users (e.g., Boeing, General Electric, General Motors, Magna, Plantronics, and Lexmark) in a range of industries and reseller partners in more than 45 countries worldwide.
Actify has a culture of individual responsibility and initiative, and a high degree of teamwork. Members are frequently asked to contribute ideas and opinions outside their normal area of expertise to provide a broad range of input to key decisions. The kind of people we are looking for share these qualities:
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Energetic, organized, able to work with minimum supervision
- Intellectual honesty with respect
- Plays well with others
Actify is looking for a self-motivated Project Manager to develop project management as a new role within our company. You will be responsible for setting up processes from the ground up as well as managing projects. The projects involve our new product line which requires customization and integration into existing customer systems. Typical project engagements will be between 6 weeks to 6 months.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- agreeing project objectives
- providing advice on the management of projects
- organizing the various professional people working on a project
- carrying out risk assessment
- making sure that all the aims of the project are met
- making sure the quality standards are met
- using IT systems to keep track of people and progress
- recruiting specialists and sub-contractors
- monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained
- overseeing the accounting, costing and billing
Key skills include:
- Organizational skills
- 2+ years project management experience in a technology organization
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Must have experience of deploying software solutions to a manufacturing company, PLM, ERP for example.
- Analytical skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Numeracy skills
- Commercial awareness
- Communication skills
- Good team player
- Ability to motivate people
- Management and leadership skills
- Experience of software development processes
- Understanding of Agile processes
Education & Experience
- Educated to a minimum of a 4 year degree
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
This position will be based in Michigan from a home office.
Travel to customer locations as well as other Actify offices, including international travel, will be required. Travel estimated at 25% to 50%.
In addition to competitive compensation packages, Actify offers health benefits, Flexible Spending Account, and 401(k), as well as reduced prices on other benefits options.Apply Online